Permanent Housing

Permanent Housing

Permanent HousingSingle service members should contact their sponsor about the availability of quarters.

Married service members may contact
Balfour Beatty Community Management Office
222A Washington Rd.
Brooklyn, NY 11252
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
24-hour maintenance is available by calling 718-630-4690
For more about on-post housing, visit

DOD civilians and other federal employees may be permitted to live on post if space is available. Contact Balfour Beatty Communities for more information.

Fort Hamilton is part of the Army's Residential Communities Initiative. RCI is a military and private sector partnership designed to improve the quality of life for service members and their families. Through RCI, the Army partners with a private developer to build, mange, and maintain family housing communities on its installation.

-- The wait for on-post housing varies by rank but most military are able to move into the apartment complex within a short period. The wait for "townhouses" can be several months.

Application -- Fort Hamilton does not accept advance applications for family housing. However, eligibility dates for quarter assignment are backdated to the detachment date from your last duty station, provided application for housing is made within 30 days of arrival to Fort Hamilton. In-processing service members will be asked to provide a copy of orders and any supporting documentation (leave form, marriage certificate, birth certificates of dependents and termination of government quarters, if applicable).

Please be sure to inquire about permanent housing in advance of your arrival so you can arrange for
temporary lodging if necessary.